Kelowna Swim Meet
February 29, 2020
Mantas will be attending an out-of-town meet this year. The meet is in Kelowna, July 4/5 , in the H20 Adventure and Fitness Centre. The pool is really nice – 50 m indoor pool with waterslides, and kids pool. There is day camping on the field next to the building. The meet is heat and finals.
The meet is open to all members of the club, no matter your age or skill level. Also a reminder that Provincials are in-town this year, so this will be the only out-of-town meet all season.
Our preferred spot to stay will be Bear Creek Campground. http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/explore/parkpgs/bear_crk/. The campground is right on Lake Okanogan, and right on the edge of town so a short drive to the pool each morning. The campground has flush toilets and showers. If you want to book in at the campground, you will need to do it 4 months in advance. So if you want to check in on Friday night, you will need to book your campsite on Tuesday, March 3rd at 7am.
To book your campsite, log on to Discover camping https://discovercamping.ca/BCCWeb/, search for Bear Creek Campground, then pick your dates. I highly recommend you open up the website by 6:45 am on Tuesday morning, have it all ready to go, pick your site, and the second it turns 7 am, hit the reserve button. Unfortunately, if you wait until after 7 am you may not get a spot. (make sure you are logged in before you hit the reserve button!).
If you do not like camping, you can stay at UBC Okanagan residences. A family of 4 can get a room for roughly $179.00. Or you can stay at a hotel. There is also overnight RV parking for trailers and motorhomes but no tenting in the H2O parking lot.
February 1, 2020
Message from our Head Coach:
Happy New Year and I hope everyone had a wonderful winter break. Quickly approaching is our Winter Mock Meet! We are so excited to see all you new swimmers getting your first taste of swimming competition, and to see all our returning swimmers re-entering the world of racing. Please await further information about the mock meet this coming week which will include warm up times, event entries, and more. See you all on deck!
Dec 8, 2019
Holiday Skating Party
Mark your calendar folks! The annual Mantas Skating event is happening on at the end of December. Log into the members only area to view details. A signup sheet was sent to you via email.
This is always a fun social event. Hope to see everyone there!
2019 Provincials Recap
Congratulations on an excellent 2019 summer season! Top team in the SF Region, and Second in the Province!
2019 was an excellent year for the Burnaby Mountain Mantas. Mantas won the 2019 Simon Fraser Regional Championships, and came in second overall at the 2019 BC Summer Swimming Association Provincial Championships. Well done to all our swimmers! The following swimmers won medals at our provincial championships:
- Andrew Woinoski – 200 IM Div 8
- Armaan Basi – 50 Free O-cat 2
- Armaan Basi – 100 Fly O-cat 2
- Beck Yu – 50 Back Div 2
- Carson Wong – 50 Fly – O-cat 2
- Natalie Zheng – 50 Breast Div 1
- Beck Yu – 50 Breast Div 2
- Vivan Yang – 100 Breast Div 4
- Yolanda Ling – 100 Breast O-cat 2
- Nathan Li – 100 Breast O-cat 2
- Vivian Yang – 100 Free Div 4
- Armaan Basi – 100 Free 0-cat 2
- Richard Li/Beck Yu/Aaron Lim/Lucas Ma – Div 2 Medley Relay
- Jenny Xu/Yolanda Ling/Keira Wong/Elva Yu – O-cat 2 Medley Relay
- Armaan Basi /Nathan Li/Carson Wong/Samuel Kim – O-cat 2 Medley Relay
- Zennea Chen/Keira Lo/Angela Guan/Jessie Hua – Div 3 Free Relay
- Vivian Yang/Katrina Lo/Sophia Morton/Michelle Li – Div 4 Free Relay
- Michelle Li/Claire Guo/Katrina Lo/Vivian Yang – Div 4 Medley Relay
- Keira Wong/Amy Zhu/Elva Yu/Jenny Xu – O-cat 2 Free Relay
- Carson Wong/Christopher Ng/Samuel Kim/ Armaan Basi Basi – O-cat 2 Free Relay
- Beck Yu – 100 IM Div 2
- Vivian Yang – 200 IM Div 4
- Carson Wong – 50 Free O-cat 2
- Vivian Yang – 50 Fly Div 4
- Hannah Cui – 100 Fly Div 6
- Keira Wong – 100 Fly O-cat 2
- Jessie Hua – 50 Back Div 3
- Keira Wong – 100 Back O-cat 2
- Tommy Chung – 100 Back O-cat 2
- Liam Russell – 100 Breast Div 4
- Colin Ma – 100 Breast 0-cat 2
- Beck Yu – 100 Free Div 2
- Keira Wong – 100 Free O-cat 2
- Carson Wong – 100 Free 0-cat 2
- Jessie Hua/Angela Guan/Kayla Liu/Zennea Chen – Div 3 Medley Relay
- Boris Zhang/Daniel Wang/Ronan Livesey/Christopher Ng – Div 5 Medley Relay
- Desiree Wu/Lauryn Sartori/Hannah Hui/Eliana Zhao – Div 7 Medley Relay
- Yolanda Ling – 200 IM 0-cat 2
- Christopher Ng – 50 Free Div 5
- Samuel Kim – 50 Free O-cat 2
- Zennea Chen – 50 Fly Div 4
- Carson Wong – 100 Fly O-cat 2
- Matthew Shuen – 50 Back Div 1
- Armaan Basi – 50 Fly O-cat 2
- Claire Guo – 100 Breast Div 4
- Frank Guo – 100 Breast Div 4
- Samuel Kim – 100 Breast O-cat 2
- Lauryn Sartori – 100 Breast Div 7
- Andrew Woinoski – 100 Breast Div 8
- Jessie Hua – 100 Free Div 3
- Samuel Kim – 100 Free O-cat 2
- Colin Du/Jerry Ling/Marty Xu/Jayden Yap – O-cat 1 Medley Relay
- Frank Guo/Liam Russell/Justin Wiebe/Evan Ghanason – Div 4 Medley Relay
- Crystal Yu/Chloe Wong/Sarah Wiebe/Quynh Anh Ha – Div 2 Free Relay
- Richard Li/Aaron Lim/Lucas Ma/Beck Yu – Div 2 Free Relay
- Hannah Cui/Eliana Zhao/Bree Livesey/Yen Nhi Ha – Div 6 Free Relay
- Tommy Chung/Boris Zhang/Adrian Kan/Nathan Li – O-Cat 2 Free Relay