Summer 2021 Registration is now closed: the club is full
Cancellation made on or before May 14, 2021 will be eligible for a refund of total registration fees paid, less fees prorated weekly to the date of cancellation as confirmed by the registrar and the non refundable $50 administration fee.
No refunds on cancellations due to non-medical reasons will be made after May 14, 2021.
Cancellation due to medical reasons made on or before June 30, 2021 will be eligible for a refund of total registration fees paid, less fees prorated weekly to the date of the cancellation as confirmed by the registrar and the non refundable $50 administration fee. All medical related cancellations will require submission of a physician’s note establishing the illness or injury that requires cessation of swimming.
Requests for cancellations are to be made in writing and addressed to the registrar by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. All registration fee refunds are subject to a non-refundable $50 administration fee.
Mantas will be following current covid19 protocols, and protocols will be updated regularly where necessary to meet the provincial health officer guidelines or the requirements of the City or other regulatory bodies. Protocols may include social distancing and/or the cohort system. Mantas will always put the safety of the swimmer and coach as a priority. .
There will be no cancellations allowed due to the ongoing pandemic unless the provincial health officer requires practices to be completely cancelled. If a shut down is less than 3 weeks, there will be no refunds. If the shut down is greater than 3 weeks, then members will be given a partial refund for the portion of the season that was closed by the provincial health officer.
|* Mini Mantas||$320|
|**Late Join (Ocat)||$250|
- Regular Summer Season starts on May 1.
- Fee includes BCSSA registration, one BMM t-shirt, and one swim cap for each swimmer.
- * Mini Mantas may not open, depending on COVID restrictions. If opened, parent participation (in water) may be required. Further details will be provided to registrants as information is released by the Provincial Health Officer and other regulatory bodies.
- **Late join will start from July 1
- ***Competition only includes BCSSA registration, timed trials and regional competition. This status requires approval from the club executives. Contact email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the minimum swimming skills required to join the various Mantas programs?
For the Mini Mantas program, swimmers must be at least five years old by April 30, 2021 and have passed Swim Kids 2 or Preschool Sunfish from the Red Cross program. Swimmers must be comfortable in water and be able to listen and take directions from the coach.
For the Development program, swimmers must be under 12 years old and be able to swim at least two lengths (50 meters) of the pool unassisted in both freestyle and backstroke. If they have not swum for another swim club, they must have passed at least Swim Kids 6 from the Red Cross program.
For the regular program, swimmers must be 12 years and older and be able to swim 100 meters (4 lengths of the pool) unassisted and without stopping in both freestyle and backstroke. If they have not swum for another swim club, they must have passed at least Swim Kids 6 from the Red Cross program.
New swimmers will be assessed prior to acceptance to the club to determine which swim group they could be placed into.
Are you accepting new swimmers?
Mantas runs at full capacity. Depending on the swimmer’s age and skill, there may be some spaces available. All new swimmers are asked to register for an assessment session to determine their grouping. Swimmers will be assigned a spot on the swim team only if there is room in a group at their level.
Can I choose my practice time and location? Can my child swim with his/her friend?
No, swimmers are placed into groups based on their skills and age. Normally we swim out of four pools: Central Park Pool, Kensington Pool, Robert Burnaby Pool. COVID restrictions and City assignment of pool space may limit the pools that we are able to train in for Summer 2021. Each group is assigned pool time that is appropriate to their skill level and group size and may be at any one of our pool locations. Generally, we try to swim younger kids at earlier hours than older kids. All practices take place on weekday evenings, usually sometime between 5:30 and 9:00 pm, however during the Summer 2021, there may be weekend practices and time trials to supplement training.
WINTER 2020 Information
Fee Schedule – Winter Maintenance 2020-21
Cancellation Policy – Winter Maintenance 2020-21
- Cancellation requests must be addressed to the Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration fee refunds are subject to a forty-five dollar ($45) per swimmer administrative fee.
- Registrations cancelled before:
October 1, 2020, will be refunded total registration fees paid, less the administrative fee ($45).
October 15, 2020 will be refunded total registration fees paid, less fees 2 weeks prorated and the administrative fee ($45).
- No refunds will be made for cancellations requested after October 15, 2020 except for medial reasons.
- Cancellation due to medical reason will be refunded as below (Doctor’s note is required)
- Cancellation made before Nov 21, 2020 – 75% refunded
- Cancellation made between Nov 22, 2020 and Jan 15, 2020 – 50% refunded
- Cancellation made between Jan 16, 2021 and Mar 1, 2021 – 25% refunded
- No refund will be made for cancellation requested after Mar 1, 2021.